We hope the information here is helpful in making your facility choice and in planning your event at Bryn Du. It is encouraged that you contact us soon regarding space availability, pricing, and to schedule a tour of our facilities.
Event Flexibility & Control
At Bryn Du you have great flexibility and control in determining the details of your function. Unlike other facilities, you are not limited to a list of approved caterers and service providers. You select the caterer and service providers of your choice to meet your needs. We can give you great suggestions.
The facilities at Bryn Du are available year-round on a first-come, first-served basis. Submit an Availability Inquiry by clicking the tab at right.
Facilities & Site Inspection
Tours of Bryn Du are available by appointment only. Call (740) 587-7053 to schedule your tour.
A reservation, with deposit, is required to hold your event location and date. Your date and facility is not guaranteed until a fully executed use agreement is completed.
There are three venues at Bryn Du. The Carriage House offers tables and folding chairs. The Mansion offers use of banquet tables and chairs on a first-come, first-served basis. The Fieldhouse is a beautiful empty building. We can help you select a provider for additional table, seating, linen and décor choices.
Food & Beverage
You may select the caterer of your choice or coordinate your own food and beverage needs. We love to give you suggestions for caterers that have provided great service to our guests. Limited catering facilities are on-site. Please have your caterer contact Bryn Du prior to your scheduled function.
Service providers accessing the property in addition to caterers, such as, event rentals, florists, photographers, musicians/DJs/entertainment, etc. will need to contact Bryn Du prior to your scheduled event.
Alcohol is permitted at Bryn Du with appropriate liability insurance provided by the Applicant.
Applicant is to provide general liability insurance coverage in the amount of $1 million dollars. The Village of Granville and Bryn Du Commission shall be the named additional insured on the policy and applicant shall provide a written endorsement of additional insured status from the insurance company. Most times your insurance person can give us what is necessary but another way is to contact www.eventhelper.com and it is an affordable way to take care of this request.
Below is a list of requirements necessary for serving alcohol at your function.
- A fully executed use agreement for facilities at Bryn Du.
- An alcohol use permit which is a part of your Bryn Du contract (download form below and submit to Byrn Du or fill out on site with your contract signing)
- Limited liability coverage of $1 million naming Bryn Du Commission and the Village of Granville as additional insured, see above.
- The permit holder shall be responsible for ensuring that alcoholic beverages are not served to minors
- Compliance with Bryn Du Rules of Conduct (below)
General Rules of Conduct
- The contract holder shall be responsible for maintaining order at the reserved facility both inside any building and on the grounds. The contract holder shall remain on the premises at all times.
- Persons using the facility are responsible for complying with State and Village regulations, including Bryn Du Facility Rules and Regulations.
- No smoking is permitted in any building on the Bryn Du property
- There will be no disruptive noise, or inappropriate conduct, that will infringe on the reasonable privacy of other individuals.
- No disruptive noise after 10:00pm and no outdoor amplified sound is permited after 10:00pm in accordance with Village of Granville ordinances.
- The contract holder shall be responsible for ensuring that the activities conducted are contained within the area that is reserved.
- Glass containers for alcoholic or other beverages are prohibited on Bryn Du playing fields.
- The reserved facility shall be left in a state of cleanliness and good repair.
- The sales or dispensing of alcoholic beverages at reserved facilities are prohibited unless proper permits, licenses and written permission from Bryn Du management is obtained.
- The host is responsible for the conduct of their guests.