TRIANGLES by Joseph Lombardo (above)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OPEN FROM OCTOBER 1, 2017 TO JANUARY 15, 2018
The Bryn Du Art Show is an annual juried exhibition featuring current works by professional and non-professional Ohio artists. Sponsored by the Village of Granville in conjunction with grants from the Ohio Arts Council and the Granville Arts Council, it is held each Spring at the historic Bryn Du Mansion in Granville, Ohio. Business and personal sponsorships for our 2018 event are now available. Email Angela for details.
2018 BRYN DU ART SHOW
The 14th Annual Juried Exhibition is Coming!
This FREE three-week event is one you won’t want to miss. Filled with amazing professional and amateur artworks, artist demonstrations, various public art-making activities for all ages, private group tours (upon request) and MORE, the 14th annual art show will be one for the books. Accepted artworks will even be available for sale at the artist’s option. Please check back for a schedule of events in early 2018.
“Like” our Bryn Du Art Show Facebook page to stay up to date on the exhibit.
March 8 – 28, 2018
Open to the public at no cost. All are welcome! Donations are accepted.
Please save the date for our Opening Celebration on March 8, 2018, 7-9pm. You won’t want to miss this fun-filled night. Be the first to find out who our professional and amateur winners are, check out the fun-filled three-week schedule, and participate in choosing the inaugural Community Choice Awards! All are welcome. Light food and beverages will be available.
2018 BRYN DU ART SHOW SUBMISSION PROSPECTUS
About the Bryn Du Art Show
The Bryn Du Art Show is an annual juried exhibition at the historic Bryn Du Mansion in Granville, Ohio featuring current works by professional and amateur artists. The Art Show is sponsored by the Bryn Du Commission and the Village of Granville. It is supported by grants from the Ohio Arts Council and Granville Arts Council, and sponsorships by local businesses. All artists aged 18 years and older are welcome to apply.
- All submitting artists must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- No previously submitted artwork will be considered. Current art work only, please.
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional works, including photography, will be considered.
- There is a $35 entry fee for up to three (3) works. An additional 1 or 2 works may be submitted for $15 each. Fees are due at time of submission and are non-refundable.
- The Bryn Du Art Show is an event for all ages so inappropriate submissions will not be considered and no refunds will be made.
- All entries are due by 11:59PM on January 15, 2018. No exceptions will be made.
- You will be notified of your accepted or declined status via email.
- All accepted work must remain at Bryn Du Mansion for the entirety of the art show.
- The Bryn Du Art Show reserves the right to remove any artwork at any time during the exhibit.
- The Bryn Du Art Show maintains the right to reject any work that differs from the corresponding entry information or that fails to maintain the exhibit's standards.
- The Bryn Du Art Show and Village of Granville reserve the right to reproduce images of accepted work in support of its programming in perpetuity.
- The Bryn Du Art Show will handle artwork with the greatest of care. However, insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist. Neither the Village of Granville, nor the Bryn Du Art Show, will be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this art show.
- Accepted works should be delivered to the Bryn Du Mansion (537 Jones Rd., Granville, Ohio) on Sunday, March 4 between 12-2pm. At this time there will be a casual artist reception. Any work delivered later than 2pm on the 4th will be refused unless other arrangements have been made. All work must be ready to install upon delivery (cleats, d-rings, custom hardware, etc.). If a piece is not framed, it must be gallery wrapped (its sides must be painted). Works on paper using magnets or pins are also acceptable.
- Artists are responsible for picking up their works on March 29, 2018. A networking artist reception will be held on this day during the pick-up hours. Details will be announced at a later date. Artwork may not be removed prior to the conclusion of the exhibit.
By choosing to submit art to the show for consideration you are acknowledging and agreeing to the above guidelines.