Our online submissions link will be available for this juried show of visual artwork from October 15, 2019 through January 15, 2020. Check back here for the link at that time. Thanks!
2020 BRYN DU ART SHOW SUBMISSION PROSPECTUS
About the Bryn Du Art Show
The Bryn Du Art Show is an annual juried exhibition held at the beautiful Bryn Du Mansion. Just east of Columbus, this historic Federal style mansion has dominated the landscape of the 52-acre estate in the charming Village of Granville, Ohio since 1905. This year’s 16th Annual Art Show will be held from March 5-21, 2020 featuring current works of visual art. A $1000 prize will be awarded for Best in Show, and 2 additional cash prizes of $500 each will be awarded to two additional artists. Free and open to the public, the Art Show is sponsored and/or supported by the Bryn Du Commission, the Village of Granville, the Ohio Arts Council, the Granville Arts Council, Ohio Magazine and GermainCars.com.
- All submitting artists must be US residents who are a minimum of 18 years old.
- No previously accepted artwork will be considered. Current art work only, please.
- Original two-dimensional and three-dimensional visual art works, including photography, will be considered. Two-dimensional pieces may be no larger than be 8’ x 8’.
- There is a $35 entry fee for up to three (3) works. Fees are due at time of submission and are non-refundable.
- The decision to accept or reject submissions is at the sole discretion of the Bryn Du Commission.
- The Bryn Du Art Show is an event for all ages. Age-inappropriate submissions will not be accepted, and no refunds will be made.
Submissions must be made online via the link posted on the Art Show page of the Bryn Du website (https://www.bryndu.com/bryn-du-art/bryn-du-annual-art-exhibition). If it is not possible to submit online, you may fill out the attached form (available 10/15/19) and return it with full payment by mail to the Bryn Du Mansion at 537 Jones Rd., Granville OH 43023, or hand-deliver it to the Village of Granville Offices at 141 East Broadway, Granville, OH. If not submitting online please email images of art submissions to or contact the Bryn Du office for assistance at 740-587-7053. Please submit no more than one image per 2D piece or 3 images per 3D piece.
- All entries are due by 11:59PM on January 15, 2020. No exceptions will be made.
- You will be notified of your accepted or declined status via email on or before February 7, 2020 unless otherwise determined.
- All accepted work must remain at Bryn Du Mansion for the entirety of the art show.
- The Bryn Du Art Show reserves the right to remove any artwork at any time during the exhibit.
- The Bryn Du Art Show maintains the right to reject any work that differs from the corresponding entry information or that fails to maintain the exhibit's standards.
- The Bryn Du Art Show and Village of Granville reserve the right to reproduce images of accepted work in support of its programming in perpetuity.
- The Bryn Du Art Show will handle artwork with the greatest of care. However, insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist. Neither the Village of Granville, nor the Bryn Du Art Show, will be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this art show.
- Accepted works should be delivered to the Bryn Du Mansion (537 Jones Rd., Granville, Ohio) by shipping or per appointment between February 15 and February 28, 2020. Additionally, open drop off hours will be available on Sunday, March 1 between 1 and 4pm. Any work delivered later than 12pm on March 2 will be refused unless other arrangements have been made. Please note: All 2D work must be ready to install upon delivery with hanging cord/wire. If a piece is not framed, it must be gallery wrapped (its sides must be painted). Works on paper using pins are also acceptable.
- Artists are responsible for picking up their works during our Celebration/Networking Artists-Only Event on Sunday, March 22, 2020 between 12-4pm or by appointment after the close of the show. Artwork may not be removed prior to the conclusion of the exhibit.
- If an artist is unable to hand-deliver and/or pick-up his or her artwork, he or she is responsible for the cost of shipping and delivery of art works. Return shipping labels must be provided when his or her piece is delivered. Neither the Village of Granville, nor the Bryn Du Art Show, will be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this art show as a result of or during the process of shipping or delivery.
Artists should price their submitted work for sale or identify it as “not for sale” on the online or physical submission form. The price as listed on the submission form will be so listed in the Art Show program. No changes will be made. Sold works will be released to the buyer at the end of the Art Show. Art purchases will be accepted throughout the run of the Art Show dates. Artists will be paid for sold works at the conclusion of the show. Artists are responsible for the payment of any and all applicable taxes. The Bryn Du Commission shall receive a 20% commission of the listed price from the artist for works sold. Artists must pay the commission at the conclusion of the Art Show and prior to receiving payment for sold works.
By choosing to submit art to the show for consideration you are acknowledging and agreeing to the above guidelines.
Please click here for more information about this year’s juror, Mary Gray.
PLEASE “LIKE” US ON FACEBOOK for up-to-the-minute fun:
***Make sure to check out our quilt barn square project here:
Please enjoy a few photographs from the 2019 event below. Opening night photography is courtesy of Bryan Ghiloni Photography! For more of Bryan's photos and our in-the-moment candids, please visit us at www.facebook.com/BrynDuDoesArt.